2021 was a tough year for readers seeking signs of a return to normalcy and solace in a distraction from reality. It was also a challenging year for writers trying to string words together. Too often, our work that did find its way into print or on line got overshadowed by seemingly everything. Now is the time to remedy this! Writers: your readers, both new and old, need to reconnect with your insights. Please put out on social media your 2021 year-end retrospective. Oh, I see a lot of you cringing at the prospect of self-promotion. Here’s a bit of advice I wrote on SFWA’s blog as to how you might go about this without coming across as egotistical or grubbing for award nominations.
Recent Blog Posts
- THE NORTHWEST PASSAGE May 17, 2023
- FIRST TIME IN AN AUDIO BOOK! April 18, 2023
- THOUGHTS ON BOOK REVIEWING April 13, 2023
- YELLOW SUBMARINE IN A PATAGONIAN FJORD April 10, 2023
- TALKING ABOUT DINOSAURS & MAGICAL BEASTS March 13, 2023
- WHAT’S ON THE SHELF: A WRITER READS March 7, 2023
- IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE! MY FIRST! February 15, 2023
Oh yeah, self-promotion reluctance is a thing, and I am definitely going to check out your post right now, because God knows I need lots of help in that department. Thanks for sharing!